Welcome home to Coastal Leadership Academy (CLA), a tuition-free public charter high school, where students engage in real world application, are known by name, and practice leadership skills every day.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach near the Market Common, CLA is open to all high school students in Horry and Georgetown Counties. Small class sizes, project-based learning, and personalized instruction are just a few things that set us apart from the rest. Students can earn over 24 hours of college credit while leaving behind the challenges that come from large school environments.
Employment and Contracted Opportunities
CLA is actively seeking passionate, purposeful, and professional educators who genuinely want to be working in and contribute to a school with the ethos and perspective of CLA, which:
- Emphasizes innovative instruction through a project-driven, mastery performance-based assessment and formative evaluation model;
- Supports student ownership, empowerment, and personal responsibility;
- Values, encourages, and expects culturally responsive teaching;
- Commits to service learning and community outreach and connections.
- Smaller class sizes
- Competitive salaries
- Greater autonomy and freedom
- An appreciation for diversity
- Relevant and engaging professional development
- Close-knit atmosphere
- Supportive administration
- If you are a retired teacher in South Carolina, your salary at CLA will not count toward the $10, 000 cap!
- 403(b) program with up to a 3 percent employer match
- SC Insurance benefits
Current Openings (February 2023)
- SCDE Certified Math Teacher (Interim position for 2023)
- Archery Coach
- Substitute Teacher
Interested in learning more about our openings?
Are you interested in working for CLA but don’t see a job opening in your area?